Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls


The Cavendish Home For Boys and GirlsThe Cavendish Home For Boys and Girls by Claire Legrand
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Victoria Wright's well-ordered town suits her perfectly - but when her messy friend Lawrence goes missing, she begins to sense the wrongness crawling behind each shiny facade.

This book definitely reminded me of Coraline. Mrs. Cavendish could be the Other Mother's creepy twin, and the House and its inhabitants reminded me of the other side of Coraline's door. I liked the precocious and prickly Victoria, whose affection for her one and only friend carries her through some truly terrifying experiences. This book is not for the faint of heart. If you can't take multitudes of cockroaches, tortured children, and (shudder) mystery meat, stay away!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment