Thursday, August 29, 2013

Edward Gorey...

...sums up my reading life right now:

"If I do not seem to be mentioning anything I’ve read lately, it is because I am in one of those periods of undifferentiated flux or something in which I am reading about fifty, at a minimum, books at once, so of course I seldom finish one. Eventually this phase will pass, and I’ll discover I have about ten pages to go in all of them, and will sit down and systematically finish them, one after another." - Edward Gorey, Floating Worlds: The Letters of Edward Gorey and Peter F. Neumeyer (quotation found at So Many Books)

Which is my roundabout way of explaining why there's no review today. I'm in the middle of a long biography of Charles Dickens and a handful of other books have been calling my attention away in brief bursts.

More intriguing books also keep creeping up on me, which of course must be acquired to read right away, or maybe later, when I have time. The only thing keeping the books stacked on my bedroom floor moving right now are library due dates! (What do you mean someone else wants this book?!)

So Many Books, so little time...

1 comment:

  1. That is an EXCELLENT quote, and it pretty much applies to me right now as well! I keep wanting to start new books but I've been trying to make myself finish these five mostly-finished books first...ugh.

    -- Anastasia @ Here There Be Books

    ReplyDelete