Sunday, February 3, 2013

Found on Netflix Streaming

Yesterday I discovered that many classic Disney animated films are available. I promptly rewatched The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under (did you know that the poacher Percival C. McLeach is George C. Scott? Fantastic voice work!). So many childhood memories...and I only just realized how disturbing it is that the poacher spent his time interrogating the little boy by throwing knives at his head! Holy goodness! Scott's heartwarming version of "Home on the Range" still gets me, though.


*Tear*

Dumbo is there, too. No Cinderella or Beauty and the Beast. What gives, Disney?

Today I found out that Going Postal, the first Discworld book I ever read, is a movie, and it's available on streaming! So far so good! I like the Richard Coyle, who plays Moist (less impressed by Angua's stupid eye makeup, but I do like her sneer).

I enjoyed Hogfather a while back, which stars an actress Downton Abbey watchers know as Lady Mary Crawley (called Michelle Dockery in her real life). Lady Mary plays Susan, Death's adopted granddaughter.

Oh yeah, and Hogfather is also available streaming, as is The Color of Magic, which stars Sean Austin and Tim Curry, among others.

In short, what homework?

No comments:

Post a Comment